Handbook of Economics and Management of Public Enterprises
A new theoretical reference handbook on public enterprises is published by Routledge.
The Routledge Handbook of State-Owned Enterprises / By Luc Bernier, Massimo Florio, Philippe Bance, ed. ROUTLEDGE, 2020
The call for contributions of this ambitious editorial project attracted authors from all over the world.
A peer review mechanism was at work to evaluate the proposals received.
The editorial board, composed of three CIRIEC members (Luc Bernier from the Ottawa University – Canada, Massimo Florio from the University of Milan – Italy and Philippe Bance from the University of Rouen – France) were in charge of the selection of the best chapter-proposals that cover the following main topics of the table of contents:
- The scope of the phenomenon
- Perspectives on history and geography
- Approaches to the study of SOEs
- Financial dimensions of public ownership
- Issues about governance
- The activities and performance of SOEs
- SOEs and innovation
Nearly 30 chapter-proposals were retained for the final publication, which gather well renowned-names of the field as well as new emerging and promising authors.
Call for papers
State-owned enterprises in the 21st century: a new handbook
This handbook is based on a collection of thematic papers that was discussed with the (co-)authors during three events in the first semester of 2017:
- June 8, University of Rouen (France), co-organised with the European Jean Monnet – EUsers’ network
- June 22-23, University of Milan (Italy), XVI Milan European Economy Workshop
- November 2-3, University of Ottawa (Canada), Jarislowsky Chair in Public Sector Management
- Philippe Bance (University of Rouen, France)
- Luc Bernier (University of Ottawa, Jarislowsky Chair in Public Sector Management, Canada)
- Massimo Florio (University of Milano, Italy), responsible for the European Jean Monnet – EUsers’ network
contact person for the scientific Committee: firstname.lastname@example.org